Poker is a game for ladies and gentlemen. That's not the only reason why there is certain etiquette, even online. Here you can find a few rules from
poker that should be adhered to at the tables:
- Keep your chat to a minimum. Poker chat is not for in-depth conversation.
- Never give any information about your hand in chat. This could be used against you by your opponents.
- Never give away any information about your knowledge of poker. Even the smallest hint can give your opponents information about your tactics.
- Don't waste time. When it's your turn, try to make your move as quickly as possible.
- Do not offend other players. Never criticise the way your opponents are playing in chat.
- Avoid negative comments in chat. This can annoy your opponents at the table, and before you know it, you may find yourself in the same position as your opponent.